Grants for Texas non-profits save you up to 50%!
Grants from the Texas Commission on the Arts could cover up to 50% of Margaret Clauder’s total fee!
“Arts Respond Performance Support Grants” provide support to nonprofit organizations in Texas interested in booking Margaret Clauder and other artists from the TCA Touring Artist Roster. Here are a few facts you need to know:
- Applications are funded on a sliding scale (typically 25-50%) of contracted fees. Support is based on TCA’s available funds.
- The maximum award is 50% of Margaret’s total fee, including all expenses
- The greatest awards typically go to groups in rural and/or socio-economically disadvantaged areas.
- August 1 for performances occurring Sept. 1-Dec. 14
- November 1 for performances from Dec. 15-March 14
- February 1 for performances between March 15-June 14
- May 1 for performances between June 15-Aug. 31
How to apply for a grant:
- If your organization doesn’t have one already, you’ll need to get a user ID for the TCA website and online grant applications at www.arts.texas.gov/grants/sign-up/. You will need to provide your organization’s federal tax ID #, proof of non-profit status and some other information.
- Once you have the user ID & password, sign in and get started here
PLEASE NOTE: if you want to hire a performer, YOU are the PRESENTER (as in “Mother Goose presented by The Cultural Arts Center”). The person presenting the program is called the ARTIST (that’s Margaret Clauder). Many, new to the arts grants, may find this a bit confusing. Presenter – you, Artist – Margaret Clauder.